Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Me and My 63 Slingerland

Me and my 63 slingy have been on a hunt lately to find out just what exactly he is. i've read alot of articles wich have helped me alot, but i'm still not certain as to what model snare i have.

its stamped June 13 1963, 14x5, single ply maple with maple reinforcement rings, black sparkle pearl finish (first version), natural interior finish, The Rapid #5 strainer....pics coming a.s.a.p.

any help anyone can offer is very appreciated!

-mike

Posted on 16 years ago

From esseraudio

Me and my 63 slingy have been on a hunt lately to find out just what exactly he is. i've read alot of articles wich have helped me alot, but i'm still not certain as to what model snare i have.its stamped June 13 1963, 14x6, single ply maple with maple reinforcement rings, black sparkle pearl finish (first version), natural interior finish, The Rapid #5 strainer....pics coming a.s.a.p.help help anyone can offer is very appreciated!-mike

It's very rare that a drum with the rapid strainer is a one ply shell. Usually, there aren't date stamps on the solid shell drums either. Also check the depth...it should be 5 (or 5.5") or 6.5"...there was never a 6". Don't count the hoops, just the depth of the shell itself.

If the drum has 8 lugs, the rapid strainer and the "sticksaver" hoops, it's probably a Hollywood Ace model.

yeah, pics would help

Posted on 16 years ago

it is indeed 5in deep. 8 lugs and sticksaver hoops are all a check. but it is def single ply and stamped. and so i seek more knowledge... serial # 13 thousand and change, dont know if that helps. prob not.

Posted on 16 years ago

From esseraudio

it is indeed 5in deep. 8 lugs and sticksaver hoops are all a check. but it is def single ply and stamped. and so i seek more knowledge... serial # 13 thousand and change, dont know if that helps. prob not.

That would be a Hollywood Ace that "accidently" got a solid shell. Not the first time I've heard of that. Still would like to see the pictures. Nice drum.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here