Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Matching heads

I would like to leave the calf skin head on the reso side of my 22 inch Radio King bass, as it has a strong RK logo on it, and still looks good.

What would be a good choice for the batter side other than a new calf skin?

Thanks all !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From kevins

I would like to leave the calf skin head on the reso side of my 22 inch Radio King bass, as it has a strong RK logo on it, and still looks good.What would be a good choice for the batter side other than a new calf skin?Thanks all !!

It has been my experience that a modern plastic head with a calf head usually doesn't sound all that great together, but a remo smooth white powerstroke 3 for the batter head!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I had a feeling that was the case, perhaps I will just replace them both and save them for re-sale time like I usually do.

This one has the red glitter on one side and blue glitter on the other side wrap on it, and the wrap is tucked into the scarf, so there is a fairly large bump there.

Any problem heads out there I should avoid regarding a too tight fit because of the bump?

Thanks

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From kevins

I had a feeling that was the case, perhaps I will just replace them both and save them for re-sale time like I usually do.This one has the red glitter on one side and blue glitter on the other side wrap on it, and the wrap is tucked into the scarf, so there is a fairly large bump there.Any problem heads out there I should avoid regarding a too tight fit because of the bump?Thanks

You'll need to go either remo or evans ,aquarian heads collar will be to thick unless you go with the aquarian modern vintage heads,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Have you considered the Ludwig heads? They have a fairly small collar and have a nice sound. I would try the heavy coated and put a beater pad on it. Something to consider.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks guys !!!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Have you considered the Ludwig heads? They have a fairly small collar and have a nice sound. I would try the heavy coated and put a beater pad on it. Something to consider.

Michael can you imagine what bud and william would say radio king with ludwig heads!?!?ViolinsingerViolin

Posted on 14 years ago

That's funny! I never thought of that. Yeah, I guess that would be somewhat inappropriate ... to say the least.

Posted on 14 years ago

From kevins

... What would be a good choice for the batter side other than a new calf skin?...

Not trying to be a smart-azz, but how about an old calf head?

There's lots on eBay, I got a 26" 1940's Slingerland from there. It was cheap and you'd have to use a gun to get me to use a plastic head after getting used to the deep sound it gets.

I've never got even close to that good a sound with plastic, and in every band I play with at least one person comes up to me and says how much they like it.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

That's funny! I never thought of that. Yeah, I guess that would be somewhat inappropriate ... to say the least.

Cool Dude of course you know i was kidding you!!:)

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here