Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Mark Freeman 20/12/13/16/18 w/6.5

Big Red 1965.

1 attachments
135.9 kB
Posted on 14 years ago

I'm not a rogers guy, buy Holy smokes batman!!! that is awesome just awesome, virgin bass drum, and red sparkle one of my all time favorites!!!Yes Sir

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool........like the new VDF color. I would love a virgin kick. (Who's Mark Freeman?)

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 14 years ago

NICE COLOR! GLASS! They're like ruby slippers! Rogers! Sheesh!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Tell me those are the original Rogers logo heads....

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

don't see em like that every day!

nice!

Cool1

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Very cool. Curious about mounting options. Is that the old blues drummer?

Posted on 14 years ago

From AZBill

Cool........like the new VDF color. (Who's Mark Freeman?)

Agreed....who's Mark Freeman again?

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. The set was sold on feebay a few years back. Sold through a local music store where Mark was retired. He didn't want to be contacted. To the left of the HH stand I see bongos. The set has wear and I never detailed it to keep original mojo. 20/12/13/16/18 all had the original heads played a...lot. The snare that came with was a Sling COB model that I gave to a local Slingerland collector friend. He helped me pull in the fruitwood 4 digit 6.5 snare that stays with the set now. Mark is shown on the front cover of the album playing a set of Slingy Capri pearl and on the back recording with this set. I have his A Zild too. All drums and cymbals have his intitials scratched into them. I kept the rusty hardware and mallets that came with his set too. I did find it odd that a large set in these sizes were ordered around 1964/5. I don't usually see that either. I appreciate all the comments on this one. It was nice to wake up to that. Here's some more eye candy on Mark. Back cover reads he was staff drummer for Universal Records. Anyone know of this cat? and my mind....did he keep or loose Rogers sparkling red bongos!?! I hope he kept em. Fine taste in instruments and cymbals. Peace, Gary

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Hey, cool provenance. However, and I'm ashamed to say this, but I started belly-laughing at the middle pic. It's like, he was playing and then someone called his name out loud. Anyway, great background on your awesome kit!

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here