Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Mark F

I have recently inherited a vintage 1960's era Gretsch 4 piece kit (round badges) that I would like to sell. It is silver metal flake with original skin heads. It is in very good condition considering it's age. Would someone know the value of this kit?

Posted on 16 years ago

That all depends on sizes and condition. Posting pictures would also help. If they are in good shape and complete, I would say at least $1000 - $1500, but if you have jazz sizes, like a 20-12-14 with a 14" x 4" snare, in good shape, you'd be looking at at least $2500 or more. There are some rough numbers for you, and I am sure there are some Gretsch experts on here that could give you even more accurate information if you post pictures of the drums.

Posted on 16 years ago

you have a private message

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

I have now had these drums appraised by Indy drum center and have found that they are actually the progressive jazz kit from the 50's, making them much more valuable than originally thought. Indy drum center will be selling them for me on ebay. You will be able to view them there hopefully within about a week. I believe they will carry a reserve of around $5,000.

Thank you for your interest and good luck!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here