Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Marco................Polo...............

This showed up locally on Craigslist. I've never seen this brand before. I love that badge. I hope it's a real 3D badge and not just a sticker. Also, dig that strainer. I've only seen one like it before. Always something new to learn in the MIJ World.

V

Posted on 4 years ago

Hi V!

Not too sure about the Marco Polo badge being original or not! I've got the same drum in my collection, wrapped in original Black Diamond Pearl. No badge or sticker on my drum.

Attached are pictures of my drum, which are in the "as received" condition. Check out the re-rings! The strainer mechanism, while novel, is difficult to attach tape or string to. As far as how it works...well...it doesn't do a very good job of tensioning the wires! But, it does look cool, though!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

I think that is made by Pearl. It has the Slingerland Stick Saver hoop copies, that if they are like the ones I had at one time, are super thin. It also has the smaller than normal tension rods along with Slingerland clone lugs. I think Star only had triple flanged hoops. I have never seen that strainer before though.

Posted on 4 years ago

mine in wmp (center) likewise has no badge.

1 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

From Kenwood

mine in wmp (center) likewise has no badge.

Kenwood! Another drum with that lever strainer! In all honesty, the design doesn't seem to work well at all. But, for innovation, you can't beat it!

There are so many styles of MIJ strainers that we should start a new thread showing them!

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

Hello Mark I could not agree more in both cases

I have another of these (just a shell strainer and lugs) needs recovering which I haven't decided upon yet, but I sure do like the odd innovation with the strainer .

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here