Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

marble cortex?!

there's a ludwig on ebay germany in this color (see picture) never seen it before, but the guy says it's original.

i guess it's "marble cortex". right? is this a rare or desirable finish?!?!

1 attachments
56.9 kB
Posted on 14 years ago

Where are the tom tom badges?

One word: Rewrap!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

1979 Ludwig catalog on this website-#505 Marble Cortex.

One thing,though.Rarity does NOT always equate with monetary value.You could be sitting on those for a long time before you see a big return.How many Ringo kits were made in the mid-60's and they STILL bring in all the money.Check to make sure this is not a riveted covering.They are not bringing in the money-people avoid them.

I'm thinking the badge is in back-the drum may be mounted upside-down for whatever reason-scratched etc.

Posted on 14 years ago

tom badges are there (on the back) well i know the rarity of a certain finish has to do with it's value in general. the guy so far is demanding a minimum of 650 euros (950 Dollars) which in general is a good price for a 1970s 22,12,13,16 Ludwig in Germany, although it's 6-ply shells.

Posted on 14 years ago

wow. Live and learn! I never realized it was a real finish! :o

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Wow! It's a nice finish! Never heard of it, but then once you get past the sparkle finishes you pretty much loose me! LoLoLoLo

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

Fibes used that finish quite a bit as well. Personally, I find it hideous, but whatever. Different strokes and all that.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here