Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Lug Screws? What Kind?

I'm sorting thru a box of parts, some of which I can't identify. Can anyone take a look at the pic and tell me if you know what these belong to? They are supposed to be Slingerland, but I am not certain and I don't want to put out any false information. These are longer that the lug screws I'm familiar with.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I've worked on a lot of Slingerlands, and I've never seen their lug screws with philips heads. Not saying they never did that, but just that I've not seen it. I've seen them use plain hex-heads and hex-heads with regular screwdriver slots, and I've also seen them use 1/4" and 5/16" hex heads (both with and without the slots).

I have seen Pearl (and Yamaha and other MIJs, for that matter) use a 1/4" hex head with the philips, so that would be my opinion...

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for the input, I was thinking along the same lines.

Posted on 13 years ago

I would say the screws are late 1980's to mid 90's Tama these would be been off the GrandStar line of drums...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

From MIKEY777

I would say the screws are late 1980's to mid 90's Tama these would be been off the GrandStar line of drums...Mikey

Thanks, Mikey!!! That's the kind of info I needed.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here