Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Ludwig WFL Classic?

Wood, with re-enforcement hoops.

Pearl Finish

WFL badge

22x18? (didn't measure depth)

14x5?6? (both look like standard size depths)

Interior is natural.

Bass drum def. had a tom rail and ride holder on it at one point.

Claws and T-bars. Missin 1 Lug and one 9 claws and T bars.

The snare has a WFL Classic P-87? Strainer on it, but its missing the bats and parts... this is the stuff I'm looking for...

Yellowed finish.

Is this the Buddy Rich model travel kit?

I rescued this from a closet in my high school several years back, Id like to use it or sell it. Would like to know what it is and whether it would be worth it to put money in it or sell it off...

I'd love to at least get the bat and ball for the strainer... does anyone know a person that would just have some of the pieces?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ludwig Centennial Silver Sparkle Kit
Late 50's WFL Marine "White" Bass and Snare

Music is everything.

Posted on 15 years ago

All the P-87's that I find on ebay have a different plate with them.

Music is everything.

Posted on 15 years ago

bump bump bump

Music is everything.

Posted on 15 years ago

There is a ton of information on the web site.

Vintage Drum Guide

Go to the Ludwig page and click on the Snare drum and Drum set catalog pages and do some research on your drums.

The other thing is the butt side on the snare. You do not picture it. That is an important issue when discussing the WFL snare he played.

The name "Buddy Rich" was used on a bunch of different configurations he never played.

Plus this looks like nickel hardware. I can't tell for sure the way the photos are and the amount of grime on the hardware.

The parts requests need to go in the wanted section, so make a list and post a photo there.

You can for sure get the details and the photo of the butt side whether it is the extended or standard butt and update the post.

Thanks

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Probobly a 1957-ish model. That badge was used around 1957. Check inside the shells for a red ink date stamp. Can be hard to read against a mohogany backround sometimes. Those ought to clean up nice!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

Ill have to check for the stamp. I'd like to say that I would get this thing up and running but I have too much other equipment that I need to maintain that I actually use...

If I found the throw-off pieces I would love to keep the snare, but I feel like breaking up the kit would be sacrilegious, :eek: what do you guys think.. hahaha

Toilet

Music is everything.

Posted on 15 years ago

Break it up... No problem...

This is not a complete kit anyway.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Well to tell you the truth, I don't know if this is a complete kit or not... the catalogs from the time period offer a traveler kit with a bass and snare, but I guess if there used to be a rail on this bass there has to have been a tom...

"ludwig playton plastic chicago" is what the red stamp inside of it says...

Music is everything.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here