Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Ludwig Washers - Where Can I find them?

I am in need of washers for the bass drum tension rods and floor tom tension rods of my 1960's Ludwig Classic drums.

I have gone to my local Ace Hardware, but have not found any washers that match close enough to the original ludwigs.

Has anyone had any luck locating a similar match for the tension rods at their local hardware store ie. Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards?

Or does anyone have a handful that they don't need? I could go the ebay route, but even then im not guaranteed they will be the matching washers etc, also dont feel like paying $20 for shipping when the combined weight of the washers in less than an ounce.

All the ones I have found in my house or at Ace Hardware either are to thick, the center hole is either too small or too big, or the washer has the right center hole size, but the body of the washer sticks out a considerable amount.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt's Vintage Drums - Chicago, Illinois

I collect 6 lug Slingerland snare drums. Let me know if you have any for sale. Looking for Yellow Tiger, Silver Veil Pearl & Turquoise Veil Pearl
Posted on 15 years ago

How about the wahser made by Gibraltar, do they fit? I am asking because I also have the same need.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Fllx

How about the wahser made by Gibraltar, do they fit? I am asking because I also have the same need.

Yes Gibraltar's washers fit.

Posted on 15 years ago

I have some at home from Gibraltar, I'll check again tonight

Matt's Vintage Drums - Chicago, Illinois

I collect 6 lug Slingerland snare drums. Let me know if you have any for sale. Looking for Yellow Tiger, Silver Veil Pearl & Turquoise Veil Pearl
Posted on 15 years ago

This will put you in touch with what you need. Here is the link to one of the BEST hardware supplies on the net. Enjoy!!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#

DAVE.

1959 Gretsch Round Badge Be-Bop kit, BDP.
1962 Rogers Jazz kit, WDP.
1971 Ludwig kit, Black Panther.
2005 Slingerland Studio King Jazz kit, natural.
2005 Sonor Delite Be-Bop kit, cherry.
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here