Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ludwig Vistalite Tequila Sunrise Swirl

I've seen a lot of the Tequila Sunrise kits online, but never in the wide swirl pattern. I bought this at a garage sale in the early '90s and, unfortunately, used and abused them not knowing what I had. But boy was it fun! So now that I'm older and a little (not much) wiser, I'm looking for more information and a general estimate of what this could be worth. Crash symbols were new in the mid '90s, so nothing exciting about them. No information about the roto toms, but it came with the kit. One of toms does have a significant crack running through it (like I said - used and abused/loved), but the rest of the kit is in decent shape minus a few scratches and scuffs. From what I found on the internet, the logo puts it around '71-'72, but no serial numbers anywhere. Any comments, info or advice would be appreciated! Please forgive the busy background on the pics.

I found the Ludwig badge history here http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/ludwig_badges.html

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

jgriff927!

When you post a pic in the Gallery, you can only post ONE in the initial post .. because .. if you add more pics to the initial post, it will read your last pic and make that the MAIN pic, which is almost always NOT the one you wanted showing. So ... make another post and put up the remaining pics! Also, WELCOME to the VDF!

Tommyp

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion! The additional photos are in this reply.

Posted on 7 years ago

Awesome drum set!

Posted on 7 years ago

Those look great. You don't always see the matching snare drum.

If wikipedia is correct the tequila sunrise vistalites came out in '76.

I believe that the early non-serial number badges didn't have the circle R above the G in Ludwig.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks! I figured it was that decade, but hard to pin down much more than that. I was kind of in a rush getting them setup, so not the best backdrop for getting the full picture. They are still a lot of fun, even if my muscle memory isn't quite what it used to be.

Posted on 7 years ago

My favorite of the Vistalites. Nothing screams "shag carpet" more than the Tequilas!

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here