Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Ludwig Vistalite Marching Snare

Well, out of all of my Vistalites, this is the first one that is going to get the attention it deserves.

This is a 70's 12" x 15" blue Vistalite parade snare. I am unsure of the exact year for two reasons.

1: The blue/olive badge has never had a serial number stamped into it and it appears to be the original badge w/ the original breather hole.

2: I have read that the original P34 butt plate that came with the P87 throw off on these drums was originally made w/ a 2 hole mounting pattern and was quickly redesigned as a 3 hole. This drum only has the 2 holes.

These 2 characteristics lead me to believe that this was one of first ones ever made although I may be COMPLETLY wrong. I left a messege with a Ludwig rep., today, to try to get some answers, and I am hoping to get some from you fine folks as well.

Here is a semi stripped pic., but I do have the top hoop, the lugs and the mute. I still need the p87, the original 2 hole P34, the leg rest and the shoulder strap.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KtBCN.jpg[/IMG]

I will post more pics. (close up of the badge and what not)

Posted on 11 years ago

Cool!

we had vistalite triples (dark green) and the jr. high school had red-white-blue ones!

But all our snares and tenors were MOP finish...

That's an interesting drum you have there!

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here