Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Ludwig - Vintage Snare Drum Questions

Everyone,

Hello! This is my first post. I found this site while doing research on my vintage Ludwig snare.

Please help me identify it. The serial number is 4082XX. It is pearl finished with six lugs. IIRC, it's a 5X14. I've had it since I was in 5th grade. It's been in storage since then. It's not been played for almost 30 years.

I think that it was made in the mid to late 1960's.

I know nothing about drums, so please speak slowly. :)

These pictures should help.

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii212/WERA49/DSC_8135_D_800.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii212/WERA49/DSC_8130_D_800.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Rob in Ohio
Posted on 15 years ago

You certainly got our attention. That's a sweet looking snare. I love the way the WMP has aged. Are you looking to sell it or do you just want the skinny of what you have and will keep?

Posted on 15 years ago

That is one sweet specimen! Very well preserved!

That's a Pioneer model, if I'm not mistaken. You can look up Ludwig Serial Numbers on this site to find the correct year...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 15 years ago

hi. great looking drum that is. yes, indeed it is a Pioneer model Snare, made in 1966 or 1967. serial numbers were not that correct after all...... great to see it "unplayed" in that shape with case and everything!!!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yes, it's a classic...it really looks well-cared for.

Am not 100% sure the hoops are original, though. Looking at the lugs, tere seems to be a bit of pitting...and the hoops in comparison look newer to me (?)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the information and compliments. I'm undecided whether or not I'll keep it. 75% Keep it, 25% sell it.

I haven't played it in a LONG time. However, I like having it and I think that it is a great looking drum.

I'm in no hurry. A friend just got a new and complete Roland drum set. He asked to borrow it sometime. It would be nice to see it used. Although, his new electronic drums and my vintage snare would look like they were from two different worlds when they are placed together. :D

Rob in Ohio
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here