Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Ludwig Vintage Oyster Blue

Hi there!

Have recently won an ebay auction for a Ludwig Tom 13x8 Oyster Blue. Before making the payment, I want to make sure it really is a vintage Ludwig drum.

Seller's description:

?Vintage Ludwig Blue Oyster 13" tom tom, good shape, 1970's era. The bagdes were removed, and re-installed, I do not know why. The drum are in good shape, no mufflers. 9 " deep. This may have been recovered, but, it does not appear to be. 9x13, 1093777. Granitone interior? .

Would very much appreciate if anyone could let me know the following:

1. Is the serial no. 1093777 from the 70?s?

2. Did not Ludwig put mufflers in the Toms?

3 Was Ludwig using the granitone color at this time?

Thanking you and awaiting your news.

/Bo

Posted on 18 years ago

Why would you bid on something you have doubts about and then hold the payment when you won it? Not trying to be harsh or anything, but I search ebay all the time and I see drums that look great and are at a really good price and would love to bid, but my experience is to ask questions before you bid. You may very well have just purchased an import which someone has badged as a top name drum. On the other hand, you may have just won something which is really rare or worth alot of money once it's restored. (maybe the re-wrap was part of a restoration) Ebay is tough. Can you post a link to the Ebay auction? Possibly post pics here? I'm sure someone can tell you what you just won. I personally just won 5 so called "vintage" snare shells......... we'll see. I was playing around and bidding on them and wasn't really paying attention and wound up winning them........ but hey...... we gotta have fun sometimes. I'll take my chances!!! I haven't recieved them yet,(tomorrow they should be here) but rest assured, once I do I'll be asking questions on here on a couple of the rims and shells. :) Fortunately, this little bit of fun only set me back $50 with shipping.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here