Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Ludwig vintage 1964, which model is this? BB?

Hello, guys!

I got this in ebay, its on its way, but no idea of the model. THe serial is from 1964, note the dark colour of the metal shell. I s it a BB, acro, or a cheap metal model sold that year? Please help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320215654187

Posted on 16 years ago

The pictures would indicate a BB...but those pictures are also not very clear. A '64 BB would be a very cool drum to have. If that's what it is, then congrats!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

From the last shot it looks like a black speckled acrolite to me. which is also cool at that price. Keystones acros usually demand higher prices.

Posted on 16 years ago

Why oh why do people that sell on Ebay always show pictures of the top and bottom head like that is the most important part of a drum and only one photo of a badge..

It has 8 lugs, so that could be a painted Acrolite...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

DUH! I didn't even notice it had eight lugs...and yet....it doesn't look like a "Blackrolite" and I don't think Blackrolites existed in '64.

More pictures, please!Chewie:

Posted on 16 years ago

Guys,

Check this one out. It is not that old, but I think is an 8 lugger too, So, mine might be a BB, I hope!

Any thoughts?

[IMG]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=160207369105&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI[/IMG]

and look what the postman left today...

[IMG]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270208852573&_trksid=p3984.cWON.m313.lVI[/IMG]

I will post pics when the mystery snare drum arrives. I just pray for it to be a BB from that date.

Wish me luck!

Ryctor.

Posted on 16 years ago

Hmmmmm....

Come to think of it....I don't think a '64 keystone badge would have had an aluminum grommet. But, there appears to be a sticker of some kind on the inside of the shell. Would a painted shell have a sticker on the inside?

This is another "weird" one. It should have a red felt baseball bat muffler and a P-83 throwoff if it's a '64 Ludwig anything!...and I don't see it. I can't tell if the rims are legit, either.

But...I am now leaning towards a "hot-rodded" Acrolite. I await the pictures. :)

Posted on 16 years ago

Man...

Acrolite forever.

I just got this one and, man, what a sound.

The projection and response is great. It sounds rich, full, a clear, open sound, as exposed by the DTB, a little brighter than my Mapex Maple, but the mids and the rim... OMG.

Its great how, with some knowledge, you can own a great sounding snare drum, without spending too much.

I was goin for a new Supra, but. why? if this Baby sounds awesome and I got it for $60.00. I also got my Mapex Pro M Maple with Powerhoops for $60.00, too. And, man, talk about the best bargain snare out there. Brand new, thin shelled beauty that sounds incredible.

But, then again, Acros Rule!

Waiting for the mystery one, I will let you know what it really is when it arrives to my door.

I only need a COB, and then, I will be happy...

The Ryctor Man.

Posted on 16 years ago

I agree...Acros are GREAT! They are what every snare drum SHOULD be. No snare drums should cost hundreds of dollars (even thousands!) when the Acrolite is on the Earth.

Can anyone name even ONE drum that sounds so much better than an Acrolite that it would warrant a price of several hundred dollars more? Granted, there are some pretty snare drums out there, but the primary idea behind a drum is to play it, not look at it...although I DO like looking at pretty drums, too.

To sum up: Acros rule! The "challenge" (if you want to call it that) is to get an Acrolite to sound bad! ;)

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here