Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

ludwig universal model

Hello, Just joined as member because I have aquired an old snare from my father. I have a 14X7 snare drum that was given to my dad as a child from his father. It is mahagany finish with the original ludwig whitecalf top skin. The marking on the rim is the 1920's style "ludwig universal model" inside an oval. It has the original "snappi snares" also. It was in the original canvas ludwig bag which is stamped LUDWIG in stencil form looking letters, the bag has 4 brass snaps for closing, each snap has a cursive capital "L" and USA beneath it. I'm wondering if anyone knows how rare or possibly valuable the drum and case may be. The under skin is also original but is damaged. Thanks and I hope someone will respond if intersted in such a drum' Matt

Posted on 16 years ago

Usually Universal models were entry level student drums. A photo would help, but the value is usually $200 or less. Original Ludwig and Ludwig cases may add a few bucks to the value, but nothing really significant.

Try to post a photo of the drum.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here