Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

ludwig tube lugs

hi there.

i just got myself a "naked" ludwig acrolite shell on ebay. i now would like to custom rebuilt it, put on the orig. p85 strainer, but fit it with die cast hoops and tube lugs.....

problem:

i can't find any matching tube lugs. i know that the distance between the holes for the lugs is 56 mm (don't know how man inches that is). i also know ludwig makes lubelugs themselves. but does anybody know where to get them or other fitting lugs? i already contacted the german dirstributor for ludwig, but they obviously can't be bothered replying....

any ideas of other possible companies whose lugs might fit?

thx

michael

Posted on 16 years ago

I've seen other folks do this, so the lugs must be available.

Try

http://www.amdrumparts.com/lugs.htm

http://www.precisiondrum.com/html/body_parts.html#lugs

Posted on 16 years ago

Check them out at drummaker.com They are 55 mm spacing, 2 and 3/16. Goog luck

Posted on 16 years ago

great. thanks for the help.

i also managed to find a store in germany now as well :-) but also contacted the us shops, which were of great help.

something additional. i'd like that "custom" acrolite to look different, cause i already own a "normal" version acrolite (along with some other vintage ludwigs). so i would like peoples opinions on what kind of hardware color i should choose:

the shell (surprisingly) is in that acrolite greyish, and my hardware options are any combination of tubelugs, screws and rims in BLACK, CHROME OR BRASS. Any nice sounding (and probably looking) ideas on this?

also i thought about die cast rims, but it seems to me like the acrolite shell is loud and powerfull enough as it is.... any opinions on this? Excited

thx

michael

Posted on 16 years ago

If you plan on leaving the shell with the Grey Ludwig finish, then I would think that Black hardware would look pretty sweet.

If I had a spare acro shell to play with, I'd consider stripping the grey, refinishing the shell in a high gloss black, and then using the brass hardware to build a sort of poor mans black beauty.

I think it would look pretty classy too!

Heck... now I'm thinking about looking for an acro shell myself... dang it!

Die cast rims would be great, but it might make the drum a bit too loud, and you'd loose some of the character/sound of the acro. (which I think is warmer than a steel shell snare).

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here