Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Ludwig Transition badge field snare...

Hey guys,

I just finished reheading and replacing snares on an old ludwig. I was wondering if you know of the model name. Ludwig used to name everything. The shell looks to be Mahog setup with a horizontal grain. It has wood hoops, and single tension tuning. The dimensions appear to be 14x9, sorry, uh, 9x14 in the states... Going from the badge (and help from the badge gallery on this site...), I know that the drum is late 5o's most likely 58 or 59. My customer is thinking of selling this drum, so if you have any idea of what it's worth, that would also be helpful.

Phil

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey, here's an update. The Customer (Marcus) sold the drum for $300 and a drum stool to a guy named Grant. I thought that was a bit hefty, but I talked to both parties concerned and said that being a vintage drum it has no real value other than what it's worth to the guy buying it. Grant now uses that drum sparingly in his hard rock band called The Theives (out of Nanaimo, BC, they rock).

Posted on 17 years ago

That's a LOT of money for a field snare (in my opinion). But, hey..more power to him!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here