Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Ludwig Super Sensitive Snare Drum Muffler Help

Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me figure out which muffler goes with my Ludwig Super Sensitive Snare Drum. The drum is from the early 1970's. The serial number doesn't quite gel with the identification charts so I'm not sure of the exact date of the drum. It has the pointed corner blue/olive badge with a serial number that seems to be outside the range of numbers for this badge. In the millions, 1843120. Any way my question for this forum is about the muffler. This drum has 2 holes where the muffler mounts and they are both the exact same size. So I'm wondering if it takes the muffler with the mounting screw in the top hole or bottom hole. If anyone has the answer I would be grateful to you for enlightening me. Thanks in advance. Scott [IMG]http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=88141&stc=1&d=1440083117[/IMG]

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=88141&stc=1&d=1440083117

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

All I've seen from that period fit the muffler with the knob on the top.

Posted on 9 years ago

Some have the knob at the top hole some at the bottom,...confusing it is...

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 9 years ago

Both those badges are in the millions, so either would be correct,...I think.

Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks for the info Oddball and Buckie. and thanks for the cool pics Oddball :). So I've been pondering both of your inputs and I wonder if they made it so you can go either way and it might be because depending on which one you use it makes the muffler pad hit the head closer or far ther away from the side of the drum? I am sure that I would need the one that ends up closer to the edge do to some of my wild strikes that would surely hit the pad and with my luck it would punch a hole right through the skin. But, it must make an acoustical difference where the pad hits I guess. Do you guys think it would muffle more or the muffling effect be more controllable if it was further from the edge? Thanks again for your inputs. Scott

Posted on 9 years ago

No, but they made millions of badges.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here