Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Ludwig Super Classic Silver Sparkle 1962 Pre-Serial Keystone badge

What to do?

Here is my dilema.

I have a Ludwig Super Classic Silver Sparkle 1962 Pre-Serial Keystone badge in almost perfect condition.

The only problem my kit as extra holes on the bass drum.

My uncle bought it brand new in '62 but he wanted and extra tom and made the store install a second bracket for the tom on it since the where any other way at the time.

The rest is perfect, no cracks, wrap is 100% anything else really awesome condition.

I have to part with it, so should i just polish it and sell it as is or remove the second tom and repair the extra holes?

What can i ask for it as is and holes repaired?

Thanks guys!

Posted on 10 years ago

I say sell it as is. Let the buyer decide what he wants to do with it. Beautiful kit by the way.

Posted on 10 years ago

Added more pics here to give a really good idea.

Just thinking of selling it make me sick! ;)

That's why i don't want to give it away...

Posted on 10 years ago

From Gerald Sterken

I say sell it as is. Let the buyer decide what he wants to do with it. Beautiful kit by the way.

What kind of price i can ask for it as is?

Is there a real difference money wise between both options?

Thanks Gerald Sterken

Posted on 10 years ago

Are toms on BD 12 and 13?

Never mind...both are 13" ....going by the lugs....that's a strike there also...

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

From blairndrums

Are toms on BD 12 and 13? Never mind...both are 13" ....going by the lugs....that's a strike there also...

Both are 13".

I tought that the 1962 Super Classic came with 13" only?

Posted on 10 years ago

I'm sorry but I can't help with pricing. I always buy with my heart instead of my brain :). Good luck with your sale. It is a very nice, cool looking vintage drum set.

Posted on 10 years ago

Nice drums - I'd say there is no problem because of the extra tom mount install since it was done at the store where they were bought new.....kind of like a 'factory install' - that's my take on it anyway. It's not like the next door neighbour 'Hank' came over and installed it on an afterthought if you will. I think it's a good part of the drums' history. I think they may be MORE valueble because of it........IMHO.

Posted on 10 years ago

From Gerald Sterken

I'm sorry but I can't help with pricing. I always buy with my heart instead of my brain :). Good luck with your sale. It is a very nice, cool looking vintage drum set.

Thanks again, i am the same!

Posted on 10 years ago

From Kona

Nice drums - I'd say there is no problem because of the extra tom mount install since it was done at the store where they were bought new.....kind of like a 'factory install' - that's my take on it anyway. It's not like the next door neighbour 'Hank' came over and installed it on an afterthought if you will. I think it's a good part of the drums' history. I think they may be MORE valueble because of it........IMHO.

If it was installed after by joe somebody i wouldn't even ask the question. lol

That is part of my dilema, since it was installed in store when the kit was bought.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here