Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Ludwig Super Classic Re-issues

I know Ludwig recently came out with re-issues of the great snares and kits of the late 60's and 70's.......are the badges on these kits the old B/O type or the new NC keystones

Posted on 16 years ago

Both - you can get drums with a reissue B/O badge, like on the Bonham reissues. They are rounded like the 80's version. I've heard you can custom order any drum with the reissue B/O badge, but that it adds quite a bit of time to an order.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 16 years ago

Ludwig uses Large keystone badges on classic maple drums. The B/O badges get used on vistalites and from what I understand a limited choice of wrap colors. Maybe that has changed but I know they only did the reisse psych red(now gone) and green sparkle.

Ludwig introduced the legacy series recently which has the three ply shells and a small keystone badge like that of 1960's drums. Those drums also have limited finish options. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for Ludwig.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 16 years ago

i found this site that answers the question. The re-issue vistalite kit all had the B/O's ala Bonzo

http://www.kellyindustries.com/drums/john_bonham2.html

Posted on 16 years ago

I just picked up a 6.5 Supra B/O re-issue that was purchased new last year with a vistalite kit. $299 BIN on e-bay which seemed to me like a great price.

I believe these shells are 100% aluminium compared to the old ludalloy.

It has quite a "ring" to it, which I am currently dampening with an O ring. It sure has a solid crack to it. I'd love to compare it side by side with an older 6.5 ludalloy some day, if I ever find one reasonably priced.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here