Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Ludwig Standard parts needed

Hi, I have a 1970 Ludwig Standard 13/16/22 that I'm restoring. It's a gorgeous blue strata or avocado strata (mainly black, white, silver in the strata with hints of blue and blue-green). Never been able to figure it out . . .

The toms are in good condition---a little Brasso cleaned things up magically. I'm worried about the lugs. Does anyone have access to any extras? I'd love to have a few sitting around, as I've heard these are very prone to stripping, breaking, etc.

My main need is claws and rods for the bass drum. When I got the kit, it was single headed. I paired it with a vintage Ludwig silver sparkle-inlaid hoop that I had sitting around (works good enough for me). But what I have right now is a bad mismatch of claws and rods would like to get a proper set for the resonant bass head (plus a few extras for spares). Does anyone have a lead on these? They're a big priority for me.

I don't think I'd use the original cymbal attachment on the bass drum, but I would probably buy one of those to keep the kit as complete as possible. I have the mount attached but don't have the cymbal stand itself.

I also have a 12" Ludwig in a silver sparkle form the 60s that I sometimes use with this kit. It has the double-lug (one lug with inserts for both tension rods). One of my tension rods warped. Does anyone know where I can get a tension rod with this threading and the proper length?

Thanks in advance to everyone. I'm extremely happy to pay for all of these parts and just need some help to figure out where to find them

Posted on 14 years ago

From PetersonLaw

Hi, I have a 1970 Ludwig Standard 13/16/22 that I'm restoring. It's a gorgeous blue strata or avocado strata (mainly black, white, silver in the strata with hints of blue and blue-green). Never been able to figure it out . . .The toms are in good condition---a little Brasso cleaned things up magically. I'm worried about the lugs. Does anyone have access to any extras? I'd love to have a few sitting around, as I've heard these are very prone to stripping, breaking, etc.My main need is claws and rods for the bass drum. When I got the kit, it was single headed. I paired it with a vintage Ludwig silver sparkle-inlaid hoop that I had sitting around (works good enough for me). But what I have right now is a bad mismatch of claws and rods would like to get a proper set for the resonant bass head (plus a few extras for spares). Does anyone have a lead on these? They're a big priority for me.I don't think I'd use the original cymbal attachment on the bass drum, but I would probably buy one of those to keep the kit as complete as possible. I have the mount attached but don't have the cymbal stand itself.I also have a 12" Ludwig in a silver sparkle form the 60s that I sometimes use with this kit. It has the double-lug (one lug with inserts for both tension rods). One of my tension rods warped. Does anyone know where I can get a tension rod with this threading and the proper length?Thanks in advance to everyone. I'm extremely happy to pay for all of these parts and just need some help to figure out where to find them

I have a couple sets of T's & claws ... PM me..

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

Need an avacado snare with case?

Posted on 14 years ago

From PetersonLaw

I also have a 12" Ludwig in a silver sparkle form the 60s that I sometimes use with this kit. It has the double-lug (one lug with inserts for both tension rods). One of my tension rods warped. Does anyone know where I can get a tension rod with this threading and the proper length?

This would be a "Club Date" tom. You should be able to get a lead on these as well. Find member Mikey777 and PM him, after getting these guys taken care of (latzanimal).

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks everybody! Hugely helpful on a project I've been meaning to undertake for years. I was cleaning the floor tom last night and finally saw the un-faded wrap under the lugs. Definitely a blue strata---the blue has faded into a beautiful silvery color over time, but mystery solved!

Floor tom wrap is peeling a little bit at the seam, but it's not enough to make me worry about it right now (I'm afraid I would make things worse and speed up any potential damage). Brasso and windex has cleaned the toms up, so it's time to move on to the bass drum once I track down these parts. Thanks again!:

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here