Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ludwig Standard Outfits

Hey all,

So I've noticed the Standard series from quite some time now on Ebay. One person on the Ghostnote forum predicted that the Standards would be the new hot collectible item. I didn't believe it, maybe the cool Strata finishes, but I figured it was the Pearl Export of today, so why?

But then I heard that Ludwig used the exact same shells they did for the Classics. Is that true? Were the shells the all maple shells with rering at that time? Is there any truth to all this?

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, they used the same shells and hoops. Mounts, lugs, wraps and all hardware were all strictly for the Standard series. These drum sound just as good as the Classic style & came with some really cool finishes.

As for a rising value, if at all, it will be some time before they get pricey....there still are a great many of the Classic kits to go around.

Posted on 18 years ago

vadrums,

Are they all the all maple shells with rerings? It's my guess, but I'm sure they didn't start making the Standards until Ludwig was doing the all maple shells, correct?

Posted on 18 years ago

That is incorrect. They are, in fact, the three-ply shells that made Ludwig famous (in my opinion). They are a thin veneer-ply of maple; a thick center-ply of poplar; a thin inner venneer of maple or mahogany. The re-rings are solid maple

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here