Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Ludwig Standard Help

Hello all,

First posting on the forum and already I need help...

I have just acquired four Ludwig Standard drums:

Ludwig Standard 22"12"13" 16", in faded blue-mist, three ply shells with granitone interiors, Ludwig standard badge, standard disappearing spurs, Ludwig Standard double tom mount- but regular Ludwig classic casings?

Using up the casings at the end of the first run of Standards?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

C Bennett

Bopworks Drumsticks

Posted on 14 years ago

It is possible for Standard drums to have classic lugs on it. Could have been swapped by a previous owner or could be factory fit as Ludwig did do that from time to time.

Posted on 14 years ago

Check the footprint to see if they are original...

Not uncommon as L-dude mentioned. I have a Standard kit with Classic lugs that are original...

Pics!!!!

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

Yep. Not an uncommon occurrence to have Classic lugs -especially with the earliest Standard sets.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi!

Welcome to the list! Here's what I've found out about Standard's: Yes, your assumption is correct. Sometime during the early runs of these drums some kits got Classic lugs. One of my rack toms has white, classic paint inside. The rest are granite. Also, a few guys replaced the lighter Standard hardware with Classic hardware since the holes were the same and it was easy to do. There you go, good luck!

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool...

Thanks for the quick responses...

Lug footprint is original, so I'm guessin' that's what these are.

Bearing edges aren't bad- finish isn't that hot looking...

Thanks again!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here