Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Ludwig Standard hardware

Hello VDF,

I have a Ludwig Standard bass pedal that's missing the 3 inch metal piece that goes from the pedal board to the beater assembly. Can anyone tell me; is this the same piece as the Speedking bass pedal? Can I use the Speedking part? Lot's of old pedals used leather strapping. Today chains have replaced this part. Does anyone have this item for sale?

This hardware is from a 1972 Ludwig Standard kit in Blue Strata wrap. Along with this set is the original hardware, original Paiste cymbals 14 hats/16/18

and Ludwig weatherking skins. 22/12/13/16 & matching snare!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted on 15 years ago

The speed king parts will NOT work for you. However, If you find a Ludwig Universal Speed Master pedal board and stay, it will work for you. Has to be the later Ludwig speedmaster NOT the WFL version.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks LD,

I was looking at a Speedmaster pedal at the Guitar Center in Nashua NH this evening and it looks like the same part... I didn't have my '72' Standard bass pedal with me to compare. RATS! You in Salem NH? I'm from Maine. Small world.

Do you know if this pedal came from Ludwig originally with a leather strap or the metal piece? I'm trying to make this kit original. I saw this pedal with a leather strap on another set.

Thanks for your post,

Dan

Posted on 15 years ago

leather strap

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here