Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Ludwig Standard Drums

New to the vintage world.....does anyone know if Ludwig Standards, I guess 60's or 70's, are the same or as good as the reknown 3-ply maple w/reinforcement? Do they have that same quality or sound? They always seem a bit cheaper. Thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago

They did use the classic 3 ply shells, but with cheaper hardware and different finishes many of which are quite nice, also they had granitone interiors. They shouldn't sound any different from the luddy super classics and they can be come by around 5-600 bucks on ebay or wherever.

Posted on 16 years ago

I'll be selling an Avocado 22,13,16 soon if interested...

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks guys for the information. I love this site! Also, yeah, shoot me a picture of your kit Vdrum and I'll chk it out.

Also, one other question; I understand that everyone selling vintage kits are trying to get the most $ they can, but why break sets up - i.e., split drums apart in different listings, take hardware off and list that? To me, that's like separating kids from a family - shouldn't all stay together for keeping value, keepsake, etc?

Posted on 16 years ago

I agree with you. It's a shame when people break up a nice matched kit. There are already too many "orphan" drums the way it is, but *sigh* that's the way things seem to be going, now. Why is it done, then? Answer: $

Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here