Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Ludwig Stand ?

I bought this stand tonight when I went to pick up a cymbal. I had no intention of leaving with a stand as well but I thought my buddy may need it. My question is what is this piece that is missing? To me it looks like there should be some sort of handle on that thing to make that section moveable. I also wondered if this was an atlas?

Thanks gents!

Posted on 13 years ago

From ec_curtis

I bought this stand tonight when I went to pick up a cymbal. I had no intention of leaving with a stand as well but I thought my buddy may need it. My question is what is this piece that is missing? To me it looks like there should be some sort of handle on that thing to make that section moveable. I also wondered if this was an atlas?Thanks gents!

The stand in the # 2 photo is missing it looks like the big round eye-bolt and wing nut,the one on the stand is wrong.Look's home made?..Anyway i have the part's for the stand if you need them....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

From ec_curtis

My question is what is this piece that is missing? To me it looks like there should be some sort of handle on that thing to make that section moveable. Thanks gents!

What you are looking at is the remaining threaded metal piece after one of those old Ludwig black handles breaks off. It leaves you with the option of tightening it with a vice grips when adjustments are needed. Your replacement piece will be a female handle(preferably an all metal handle). I had a bunch of this hardware in the 70's & 80's. I now prefer DW hardware but STILL have some of those old Ludwig Atlas stands around in various states of disrepair.Burger Kin

Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 13 years ago

Wow,..and I thought it was a Hercules stand !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

So it is easily fixable to make original again?

How do you tell the atlas from the hercules?

Posted on 13 years ago

There common and parts guys like mikey will have what you need !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

From ec_curtis

So it is easily fixable to make original again??

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Yes, see pics below for a repair idea.

[LIST]pic 1-handle has almost broken off

pic 2-is what your stand looks like now

pic3- is after you remove the little knobby piece(with a vice grip) and replace with a handle.[/LIST]flower[/SIZE][/FONT]

From ec_curtis

How do you tell the atlas from the hercules?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Hercules were the ones with tubular legs(see pic 1) Popular from 1978-84. This product line was discontinued when Ludwig got on the band wagon and started producing the double braced Modular series.

*note--Be sure to clean and lubricate the stand. These can bite & pinch you if not well maintained.[/SIZE][/FONT]

3 attachments
Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here