Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Ludwig stainless steel tom out of round

Hi everyone.. I scored a vintage ludwig stainless steel kit a while ago. They've mostly been sitting around waiting to be cleaned up. They've been stored for many years and despite the fact that they are dirty the only thing missing are the heads and rims for the reso heads.

I started out last night by cleaning the 13" tom. I noticed that the reso side looked weird.. I tried putting a head on but it was so out of shape I had to force it on, and the rims barely came on too.. Long story short, it's too out of round to be able to put a head on and tune it properly.

The damage is only on the reso side, the batter side is in perfect round. What can I do about this? I dont want to damage the chrome in any way.. I actually tried to sit on the edge of the reso sideto try to "straghten" it out with my weight but without any luck.. It's a real solid construction! What could be done?

Posted on 11 years ago

It would take someone with experience working with stainless steel, Ludwig used the very best marine grade stainless steel on their drums. This stuff id tough as nails. A boat/marine type place would be a good start.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago

Not chrome. Polished SS.

good luck and when you find the stainless guy, PM me his info.

I would like to find the guy who welds holes shut and you cannot tell.

Drumjinx had a guy, but no more.

sa

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 11 years ago

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

From pjn1375

LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLo

Laughing HLaughing HLaughing HLaughing H

Kevin
Posted on 11 years ago

thanks for all the serious replies..

Ive found a guy that's gonna do the job.. he just got the tom and is gonna examin it soon, but he said that it was quite an easy job for him

Posted on 11 years ago

please post pics after the work is performed if you will thx !! I have a 9x13" and a 10x14" and my 14x26" bass drum also I want to get polished !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago

From gn86

thanks for all the serious replies..Ive found a guy that's gonna do the job.. he just got the tom and is gonna examin it soon, but he said that it was quite an easy job for him

I need him.

Info Please? Where and who is he?

Thanks

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 11 years ago

How would a stainless shell go out?

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here