Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ludwig Stainless Steel Set

This is my late 70's Ludwig Stainless set. 14"x24",16"x18", 10x14", 12"x15" snare, and my early 70's Gretsch C.O.B. 4160. The cymbals are a 60's Zildjian 20" ride as a crash, a 24" Paiste Giant Beat crash/ride, a 20" Paiste Wild Crash, a 27" Wuhan china, and a set of 15" 70's A Zildjian hats with four rivets in the bottom.

These are ,by far, my favorite vintage drums that I have owned. I wouldn't say I am a collector. Though, I do appreciate vintage drums, and have since I started playing. These are definitely a players set. They have the normal wear and scratches that come with a SS set. The rack tom was a conversion from a concert tom. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. The tom mount put an extra hole in the shell and is closer to the top than a "REAL" tom would have. They sound AMAZING, and that is all I care about. Enjoy the pictures!!!Burger Kin

1 attachments
Ludwig Mod Orange May 1969
5x14 Supraphonic

Early 70s Ludwig Mod Orange
8x12 Concert Tom
10x14 Concert Tom
12x15 Concert Tom

50's Gretsch 10" x 14" marching snare. Refinished in clear lacquer. Tube lugs!
Posted on 12 years ago

Great looking kit Major. I salute youCool1

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 12 years ago

Ditto the above.

Especially the 12x15 Ludwig Parade snare drum!! :)

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

Cool drums and drumhead!

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks. My wife painted it. There is nothing like some Ice Age hottie pin up action. Pilots used to paint pin-up girls on planes. I go for the french cave paintings and statues for my drums. Take that Neil Peart.

Ludwig Mod Orange May 1969
5x14 Supraphonic

Early 70s Ludwig Mod Orange
8x12 Concert Tom
10x14 Concert Tom
12x15 Concert Tom

50's Gretsch 10" x 14" marching snare. Refinished in clear lacquer. Tube lugs!
Posted on 12 years ago

From Major Happy Chord

This is my late 70's Ludwig Stainless set. 14"x24",16"x18", 10x14", 12"x15" snare, and my early 70's Gretsch C.O.B. 4160. The cymbals are a 60's Zildjian 20" ride as a crash, a 24" Paiste Giant Beat crash/ride, a 20" Paiste Wild Crash, a 27" Wuhan china, and a set of 15" 70's A Zildjian hats with four rivets in the bottom. These are ,by far, my favorite vintage drums that I have owned. I wouldn't say I am a collector. Though, I do appreciate vintage drums, and have since I started playing. These are definitely a players set. They have the normal wear and scratches that come with a SS set. The rack tom was a conversion from a concert tom. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. The tom mount put an extra hole in the shell and is closer to the top than a "REAL" tom would have. They sound AMAZING, and that is all I care about. Enjoy the pictures!!!Burger Kin

Thread is a little old but thought I'd stop in...

Im a guitarist learning drums, picked this players set up a couple of years ago and still haven't got it all together. Now looking for period stands, love the stainless

[IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn51/mypickeeper/P1020849.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here