Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

ludwig stainless steel kit

hi every one this is my first time on this forum, band3

ive been looking around for a while now for a ludwig stainless steel kit ,but without any great luck...

do you know of anyone selling one prefably in sizes 24bd,13 0r14t,16 ft,18ft

i live in England and would need them shipping at the lowest possable price....

hope that theres somebody out there with one....

look forward to any replys......

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

hi every one this is my first time on this forum, band3 ive been looking around for a while now for a ludwig stainless steel kit ,but without any great luck...do you know of anyone selling one prefably in sizes 24bd,13 0r14t,16 ft,18fti live in England and would need them shipping at the lowest possable price....hope that theres somebody out there with one....look forward to any replys......

Ludwig will be making a reissue of John Bonham's stainless steel kit this year. The sizes are 26, 15, 16, 18, with a 14in Supraphonic snaredrum. Ludwig will only be making 100 drumsets, I have no idea what the price is, but, you can see a picture of the set in this month's Modern Drummer. I have also noticed stainless steel drumsets popping up on Ebay, in the Ludwig section.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 18 years ago

Ludwig is about to release on the market 1000 brand new stainless steel kits that are replicas of John Bonham's "final" kit he used in Led Zeppelin. You may want to check one of these out.

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, They did reissue the stainless steel kits in a "Bonham" configuration. For the mere price of nearly $7000.00 Eye Ball you can own one. Only 50 of the 100 sets made were released in the US. They are all sold. So now you have to find the set on Ebay more than likely.

Posted on 18 years ago

wowEye Ball thats too much money........looks like the dream is over....

i would not want bonhams sizes ....but i suppose with the reisue kit all sizes will be at silly prices....

Posted on 18 years ago

I would just sit tight on that dream and wait for the people that buy them then want to sell them. I have seen more then a few of the Bonham vistas go up on the market.

I have a SS set, but not the sizes you want (Man oh man if it had the 24!)

It is for sale though and close to excellent-mint condition with one small tiny-itsy-teeny-weeny mark on the floor tom.

I have all of the set buffed out except the bass drum and the shells are like glass and shine baby shine!! All original, nothing missing and I also have all of the original hardware.... badges are excellent...

Was that a sales pitch or what!

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

David,

I have the same set as you, BUT I am in need of the L posts for the upper toms, the 5/16" curved bass drum legs (the ones that go into the drum when you pack it up) and 1 floor tom leg mount. You wouldn't know where I could get these would you? Thanks.

Posted on 18 years ago
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Posted on 18 years ago

Here is a stainless steel, 24in kick, in pretty good condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200004581285&fromMakeTrack=true

Posted on 18 years ago

Just found one on Craigslist!!! 24" Bass with quite a few toms!!! It's in Virginia.

http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here