Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Ludwig Spurs Period correct

I'm restoring a kit with orphans.

So far I got a 67 ( lapped shell and white interior) 16" FT Bat Muffler

a 68 13" rack tom with lapped shell and white interior and bat Muffler

I just got a 68 to 72 24" BD ( has clear interior but no badge and someone put some newer Pearl like spurs which will be removed and replaced with period correct spurs.

Based on these info's would the disappearing spurs 1308 make sense or the 1305 swing type?

Also the BD has a center post for tom rack, but would the consolette be more appropriate

It is a re-wrap in orange MOD so not a collector item, still i like to be as close to period correct as possible.

Any Input ?

Posted on 1 year ago

Definitely not the 1308. Those came in the very late 70s or right in 1980.

If it is a 60s drum then the gull wing. If an early 70s drum then the 1306 curved disapearing spurs. I don't know exactly when the 1306 was first introduced but they were in the '71 catalog and the gullwings were in the '67 catalog.

It should be easy to tell what it originally had unless they drilled a big hole for the Pearl spurs. Gull wings will have two holes. The disappearing spurs will have a larger hole, about 1/2" with two small holes. One on each side.

Posted on 1 year ago

Finally got the BD delivered.

The holes confirms disappearing spur. Looks like, it could be a 71/72 . However the clear interior is not that nice. There is an assumption on my part that maybe someone stripped the white paint and re-finished the interior with a clear lacquer. ..

Thank you Thin Shell for your helpful direction.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here