Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

ludwig solid stainless steel kit

hi from the UK!

presently own a vintage ludwig kit and was wondering if you

could help me with a little bit of information and background about it as

i havent seen many of them around.

It is a ludwig

12\" 13\" and 16\" toms

22\" by 14\" bass drum

the drums are all SOLID STEEL no wood at all!

the badge is a blue and olive parallelogram

any help you could give me in finding out the heritage of a kit that i

love so much(even though its a nightmare to tune!)would be much appreciated

thank you for your time

Rob Jones

Posted on 18 years ago

Hello

I have the same drum set and it is a Ludwig Stainless Steel set. Very heavy drums!! Made in the 70's and I heard once it was the most expensive production set to make. More expensive then the Ludwig Vistalites.

They never really did sell well in regards to other Ludwig drums.

Of course John Bonham played this drum set with different sizes then we have and if you had the larger bass drum it would be worth more.

The drums are worth between $600 and $1200 depending on condtion and size.

:cool:

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

Thank you for your time, much appreciated, I suppose there can't be that many in the uk if they didnt sell well in the american market

Although i will never sell them their condition is reasonably good. They have some surface scratches and a dodgy conversion to pearl tom holders(done before i had them) I only paid 100 pounds for them ($175 at present rates) so i cant complain! there certainly worth more than that! the guy who I bought them off wouldn't part with the supra that was with them though!!

If anyone else has some try emperors top and bottom for a great rubbery fat rock sound and an emad on the kick(great for a tight punchy miked sound)

I don't suppose you have any catalogue pictures of them etc. that you could post up? that'd be awesome, if not thanks anyway.

bought a sonor designer recently so the ludwig is sitting about at the moment ready to be resurrected!

ps any idea what their trade name is i.e vistalites, tivoli etc. ?

cheers

:) :) :)

Posted on 18 years ago

wow...ive allways wanted one of them...carnt get hold of them here in the uk though...been trying without any luck for about a year now....and there too expensive to ship over from the states....but i will keep on lookingYes Sir

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here