Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Ludwig Snare:is It Vintage??

I have a ludwig snare,it does not have the traditional ludwig badge,it is like an upside down triangle and the bottom is rounded,it says ludwig standard and is a light blue swirl(satin?) the serial# is 3325,the drum is in excellent shape!any help would be appreciated! thanks,andy

Posted on 17 years ago

I'll take a stab at this just based on your description. Yes, it is vintage. Ludwig Standard was Ludwigs "economy" line that was introduced in the early 1070's. They used some non-traditional finishes like the "swirl" that you mentioned. If I remember right they used a bit less expensive hardware than their regular line. I think the shells were still Ludwig manufactured. It was the Ludwig attempt to offset the import of less expensive kits from Asia. Actually they were not bad drums at all. As to value, I guess that's up for speculation but since you don't see that many around it is relatively rare.

Posted on 17 years ago

I can't give an exact number but i've seen Ludwig Standards go for a good $$ on ebay.Best bet is to peruse ebay and see if you can't find a snare similar to yours in terms of hardware,condition,etc and see whats its going for. Its worth atleast $100 off the top of my head.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here