Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Ludwig snare

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Ludwig 6X14 metal snare for sale. 10 lug. no internal muffler.

Member kellyj has posted his snare here in VDF which is similar to this one I am selling and I'm using as a reference to the one I am selling, but of course his is correct, beautiful and is a collector's snare:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/show...highlight=1929

The drum I have for sale seen in the pictures is the condition in which I came into possession of it earlier this year, therefore I have to take the liberty of speculating what it was and its history.

This snare I am selling is more a gigging snare, not as a true collector's snare. It's old and parts are either missing or updated and there are extra holes in the shell.

THE RIMS...........

The original straight rims and clips were replaced with newer stick saver rims which may be Premier.

THE UPPER SNARE MECHANISM (the bridge under the batter head)....

kellyj's snare has a complete assembly in his snare. This drum is missing the upper snare mechanism that was originally under the batter head. The mounting screws for the bridge were left in place which I believe was to cover up the holes in the shell. There are extra holes in the shell which match the hole pattern of the original mounting screws, which I am guessing was an attempt to relocate the upper snare mechanism. An alternate thought is that the extra holes were for an internal muffler. The extra holes are a bit crude in the manner which they were drilled, and no screws are resting in the holes.

THE SHELL...........

It's a two piece shell. There are extra holes as explained above. A few small pin point dents. Plus the normal wear from being a player's drum.

Above the snare strainer, the shell is etched with the following : #15 Carroll Music. Apparently it was a former rental drum from Carroll music rentals in NYC. It is therefore my belief that as a rental, the mods were undertaken to make the drum easier to maintain and or tune. The removal of the top snare mechanism could have also been for the same reason or due to damage, lack of replacement parts or lack of desire to keep the drum in its original condition.

THE SNARE STRAINER...........

I don't know if the snare strainer is original. It is different from the one on kellyj's snare. Either the factory attached a different style or it was replaced some time later with the current unit.

I believe that about covers everything. To repeat, I consider this a gigging drum that can provide a vintage look or sound without having the worry of keeping the drum pristine.

asking $140 plus shipping

I will provide more pictures upon request.

Thanks for looking

Dudley

Posted on 2 years ago

I wil take this if its still available

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here