Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ludwig snare

Hello All! First post here but have been reading for months and I know this is the place to ask.

My wife surprised me with a 4-pc set of 60s Apollos she found at a garage sale this summer. It's similar to the first kit I ever had, but these have a silver agate wrap instead of the blue agate I had. They sound terrible (just as they did in 1966) but look great. Mising the bottom rims on the toms and the bass hoop, but it came with a Speed King pedal, a Ludwig snare and a nasty blanket for a bass muffle. $25 well spent, if for nothing more than the pedal and snare (maybe).

The snare, a 14x5 aluminum, has a serial # of 360020. Any idea what the value of it could be? No nicks or any major cosmetic issues with it.

I also have acquired, through eminent domain, a mid-70s 5-pc. set of Slingerlands someone gave my son (who has no interest). They're buried behind too much stuff in the basement to get to right now, but I will be back with more questions on those.

Thanks all.

Posted on 16 years ago

The acrolite goes for between $100 and $225 depending on the year.. That is usually determined by the badge...

Show us a pic and then we can help more..

David

Posted on 16 years ago

[Attachment: 3015]

Well, here it finally is. It sure helps to have a college gradjeate in the house to help the old man figure this computer out.

It's sitting on a WFL stand, by the way

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

It's a 60's Acro with the older WFL style throwoff.

Looks to be in pretty good shape and should clean up well.

A few scratches in the shell.

$150 to $200 is my guess.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here