Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Ludwig snare with claw lugs

Where would I find replacement claw hook lugs for my snare? Most of the top head ones have broken. The bottom ones are still good.

Thanks,

Mark

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago
Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

Again, thanks for the link. It's exactly what I need.

Posted on 12 years ago

Tell us more about the snare...10 lugs, two piece brass shell (?). Looks like the throw-off has been replaced. What else? Great drum, should clean up beautifully!

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 12 years ago

To GGVintage,

I got this drum as part of my first drum kit back in the mid 70s. The rest of it is a red sparkle Slingerland. All the drums are from the mid 60s.

The original strainer broke so I went to the local music store for guidance and they sold me the Ludwig throw off you see in the pic. I was just a teenager with no thoughts on the future. I redrilled the drum to put the strainer on. Should have taken it to someone who knew about drums and not band instruments. Probably would have fixed the original one.

The shell is brass. Not sure if it's one or two piece. I haven't had the head off in a long time. I believe it's nickel plated.

The drum is in pretty good shape despite the damage I inflicted. Just trying to get the kit into somewhat playable shape so I can sell them to a beginner and make some room in my house.

Thanks for the interest and help.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here