i've read a few posts on ludwig snare wires here already, but here's mine :-)

with my 60s ludwig ss i got some adjustable 10 strand snare wires. they were and still are pretty dirty and i really did not like their sound, in the meantime i have replaced them with puresounds which make a whole big difference.

has anybody got an idea, if and how i can clean them? i tried some anti-rust stuff but did not manage to make them nice again. also i think they are very thick and "stiff" compared to modern wires (like the puresounds). any thoughts on this? does anybody have experience with them? also, are they worth anything? i would hate selling them, but if i can't make them sound right, i might as well put them on ebay.... I posted some pics.

also. on one of the pics you see two other ludwig snare wires. one 10 and one 20 strand with plastic ends. i got them with two of my other snares but replaced them, cause i didn't like their sound. i also thought they were worn out an "stiff" just like the ss wires. any experience on this?

i have another set of the 20 strand plasic ended wires on an acrolite, and that sounds fine! Mind Blowi

greetz, michael