Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.82255%

Ludwig snare wanted - Acrolite?

Hi - interested in trying a vintage ludwig snare with my set up. I realise these bad boys are not cheap, but I'm not too bothered about cosmetics at the moment, just after the drum. I'm hoping I can pick something up cheaper if it's not in top class condition? Also I'm in the UK, so there is a shipping issue.

I'm not sure what sizes they came in, but a 14x5 is OK, not a deep model

Feel free to PM me!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 18 years ago

brody,

The Ludwig Acrolite is a GREAT choice for a "representative" Ludwig snare drum -and especially if you are on a budget. You couldn't pick a better workhorse all-around drum. I actually prefer the Acrolite to almost any other metal shell drum -the Ludwig Supra being my favorite (metal-shell) drum....and the Supra is the same drum as an Acrolite except that it has ten lugs instead of eight and the Supra has a chromed shell. The late 60's and 70's alloy versions are still very reasonably priced. The brass versions are about twice the price! I prefer the drier sound of the alloy version, anyway.

You can regularly find the Acrolites on Ebay priced low enough to buy even if you live outside the U.S.. I know that there are some unGodly tariffs, taxes...whatever they are called involved with shipping drums overseas. I will have a look on Ebay and post some links when I find them.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago
"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

Hey, thanks a lot for the tips! I didn't know the supra was the same thing - that'll give me more search options - a lot of those e-bay links will only ship to USA (probably because of added taxes etc) - anyway thanKeep on Pl ks again!!!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Brody, Dont Know If Your Sorted Out Yet But I Have Arriving Shortly A Superb 1966 Acrolite, Keystone Badge, That Is Completley Original.its Not One Of The Cheaper Ones But If You Want An Absolutley Fantastic Version Of This Classic Please Contact Me.also Have 1963 Ludwig 400 Supraphonic 14x5, And A 1971 Version Of The Same Drum,both Lovely.regards, Andrew

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here