Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Ludwig Snare Questions

Hi,

I just bought what I believe is a 5x14 Ludwig snare, but I'm not sure if its a supraphonic or not. It has a metal rod running through the center of the drum and the snare strainer/throw offs I believer are missing some parts for it and it looks like the throw off has some plastic pieces to it. I have a blue/olive badge with a serial number on it.

Does anyone have any idea of what type of Ludwig this is and about what era it might be from? Could it be a supraphonic? I need to see where I can get some parts for it and it needs some cleaning up. I've never cleaned up a snare before (there is some pitting etc...) any suggestions for either parts or cleaning would be greatly appreciated. I would post a picture but my local Ludwig dealer has it right now and is trying to contact Ludwig directly to check and see if they have any parts.

Thanks!

Kent

Posted on 14 years ago

Thats a Supersensitive model snare drum. Parts for the 1969 and later design strainers are still available through Ludwig.

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes,

Sounds like a supersensitive from the 70's or 80's. If you can cut your finger on the badge, it's 70's. If not it's 80's!

Check the serial number here http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/serial_numbers.html

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here