Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Ludwig snare. Please help identify.

Shell - wood with another type of wood rings around the top and bottom. The rings may be maple and are light brown and the main shell material is darker redesh brown.

Drum finish - sky blue pearl

Badge - 1958-1959 Ludwig Keystone Transition badge

Hardware - 8 lugs

Strainer - WFL Classic Strainer 1955-1969 doesn't have the lever bar that I saw in the picture (it has a round turn knob).

Please help me. Can you tell me what it is called and around what it is worth? And I wonder why it doesn't have the strainer lever that I saw in the picture on this site. Thanks a lot.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey tullybowen, my sons and I just bought this transition badge drum set.

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/400748170_7602257729_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/400748460_9ee300ed7a_o.jpg[/IMG]

The color looks the same. I like your snare. Does the strainer work?

I see you think the rings might be maple? are you thinking the wood plys are Mahogany? I would love to hear that drum!Yes Sir

Posted on 17 years ago

It looks like you're missing the stick portion of the strainer (common problem with those drums). Transition era shells at mahogany with maple reinforcing rings. The drum was known as the Super Classic.

Are you selling it? I just sold a Silver Sparkle 1959 transition badge Super Classic for $300 on eBay

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Tullybowen,

If you ever get in a position where you would want to sell your snare drum I would be a potential buyer. It would go nice with my drum set that I posted above. Thanks for your consideration.

Quoted post

Shell - wood with another type of wood rings around the top and bottom. The rings may be maple and are light brown and the main shell material is darker redesh brown.Drum finish - sky blue pearlBadge - 1958-1959 Ludwig Keystone Transition badgeHardware - 8 lugsStrainer - WFL Classic Strainer 1955-1969 doesn't have the lever bar that I saw in the picture (it has a round turn knob).Please help me. Can you tell me what it is called and around what it is worth? And I wonder why it doesn't have the strainer lever that I saw in the picture on this site. Thanks a lot.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here