Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Ludwig Snare - how much worth?

OK so I posted a marketplace add for the attached Ludwig snare and minutes after, my phone explodes with a few inquiries, 2 of which have offered more than I asked. I listed it for $100 since it does have some rust but overall, pretty good condition for it's age. Is this worth more than $100? I got a guy willing to pay $200 or more. I don't want to settle if it's worth more. but I don't want to rip anyone off either. Please, if I can get some professional honest advice on what I should get for this, that would be great. (stand is not included) FYI, the one guy I'm messaging back and forth with said he sold one of these 2 yrs ago for $500 but it was in mint condition. Mine obviously is not. Is there a way to get all the rust spots off or is this pretty much as good as I can get it? He is willing to pay $200 or more. guessing he knows how to get it cleaner.

Posted on 1 year ago

Well, it's certainly worth over $200, even with the "acne" which has always been the bane of Ludwig's chrome-over-aluminum snares. You can't get rid of it; the aluminum is corroding from within. Some drummers (not me) consider this drum some sort of "Holy Grail," because that's what John Bonham played; hence the inflated value of it. Go to ebay and look for 6 1/2" deep Ludwig Supraphonic, and see what others have sold for. If you wanna clean it up a bit, remove fingerprints, sweat, etc., I use eyeglass cleaner solution and the little micro-fiber cloths that come with it. Available at any optometrist or department store. This technique doesn't leave the little circular scratches that other cleaners and cotton cloths do. But you'll never get rid of the acne. Still, it's a desirable drum.

Regards, mb

Posted on 1 year ago

It's worth a LOT more than $200. If it was mine, then I'd clean it up really well and start at a thousand. You can always settle for less, but these are very desirable snare drums.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 1 year ago

From O-Lugs

It's worth a LOT more than $200. If it was mine, then I'd clean it up really well and start at a thousand. You can always settle for less, but these are very desirable snare drums.

Oh heck no! I checked Marketplace and they are all in that 300 to maybe 500 range but those are in better shape than mine. I have no use for it. I may sell to someone that offered $375. I get it's a popular demand drum but based on what I"m seeing, I just don't see how I will get more for it than say $400. anyone else feel free to chime in here. I"m fascinated by the info I have received today and blow away at how much someone is willing to pay for something that is not even in mint condition.

Posted on 1 year ago

Yeah, man...Do whatever you want. I have no idea what Marketplace is or what they say about anything. Here's a bit of a story for you though...A drummer by the name of John Bonham played that particular model of drum.....There are people out there, now, who want to make their own Bonham kit....These drums aren't as available as they used to be...But , yeah, do whatever you want. I'm just saying "if" it was my drum....

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here