Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Ludwig snare drum stand year?

I am in the process of going through some of my hardware and need help to indentify the year. Can you guys tell me what year this snare stand would be? Also is there any info out there that breaks down the ludwig hardware year by year?

Posted on 5 months ago

Late 70s Atlas or very late 70s early 80s Hercules. There was some overlap between the tubular legged Atlas and Hercules. The first tubular leg Atlas stands had metal swivel feet, metal thumbscrews and different tube clamps on the bottom section. They switched to the rubber feet, black plastic handles and diecast tube clamp on the bottom section after a year or two. They were rebranded Hercules around '79 or '80 and got bigger ratchets on the cymbal and concert tom stands.

Posted on 5 months ago

Thanks for the info, here is another snare stand. Any info on the year?

Not sure why my photos are sideways, sorry.

Posted on 5 months ago

This site flips the photos when taken in portrait mode with your phone. Either edit the photo in your phone before you use it here (by flipping sideways and then back upright again) or take the photos in landscape.

Posted on 5 months ago

That second stand is an Atlas stand. They started making the Atlas stands around '70 or so. These had the flat steel single braced legs. In the mid 70s they upgraded the Atlas line to have the tubular legs. Then in the late 70s they came out with the Hercules line with the tubular legs. They reverted the Atlas line back to have the flat steel single braced legs. These show back up in the '80 catalog. Early stands would have had regular wing nuts on the bottom section tube clamp. Later ones had the upgraded, drum key style wing nuts as your stand has. The Atlas stands don't appear in the '81 catalog so I guess that's when they dropped the Atlas line completely.

Having said all of that, your stand is probably late 70's to around '81.

Posted on 5 months ago

From Prostix

I am in the process of going through some of my hardware and need help to indentify the year. Can you guys tell me what year this snare stand would be? Also is there any info out there that breaks down the ludwig hardware year by year?

A great resource is the Drum Archive site. It hosts historic catalogs of many manufacturers.

Here's a link for a Ludwig, which has a good number of catalogs: https://www.drumarchive.com/Ludwig/

Posted on 5 months ago
Action Another action Something else here