Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Ludwig sky blue pearl, rare?

Is sky blue pearl rare? What is rare?

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 13 years ago

Not particularly, although, depending on the era, the drums are of value.

Posted on 13 years ago

[QUOTE=jccabinets;

What is rare?[/

Probably the most overused, completely arbitrary, unresearched, and attention seeking description used on this site, Ebay, Craiglist and others. If you post pics and guys start to congregate on your thread, then a couple offers show up in your PM box, you probably have something rare. If you post pics and you get one or two responses, you don't have anything out of the ordinary. This would be the litmus test I personally would use on this site.;)

have a wonderful evening

drumhack D' DrummerGroup Hug:2Cents:Car Driving2Cool1

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 13 years ago

I was lust wondering what finishes are most appealing. Seems like MWP and BDP drums sell for lots of money. My kit is 67 Club date or combo, not sure. One thing is for sure, my snare has eight lugs, 1967, blue sky pearl wrap.

I saw a 1965 blue oyster pearl jazz fest sell for 910.00 on ebay. This got me wondering what mine would bring home. I have the base and rack tom to go with this kit. I am calling it a combo due to having no floor tom. I have not yet decided what to do with these drums, keep them, sell as set, sell sepearate. For now just cleaning them up and enjoying them.

Thanks for your input!

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago

In my opinion, it can be very tough to tell value from ebay. An item that sells for $910 today might go for $410 tomorrow. Seen that happen lots.

Posted on 13 years ago

Yes I have noticed that also. ebay is a gamble for sure!

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here