Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Ludwig Shells

I've got an opportunity to purchase Ludwig Kit with the Blue & Olive Badges with Serial Numbers in the 1,846,875 range (1980s?).

What concerns me is that although the interior shells look great, they don't have reinforcement rings. Is this "correct" for that time period for Ludwig shells?

All the hardware seems to be original Ludwig.

I guess I'm showing my age here, since I'm used to seeing the white coated interior shells with the reinforcement rings from the 60s.

I wasn't aware that Ludwig manufactured shells WITHOUT the reinforcement rings. Please "enlighten" me!

THANKS in advance for your time and "words of wisdom."

Posted on 16 years ago

Yep. They are the subsequent 6-ply shells that Ludwig made. They are completely different "animals".

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

THANKS, O-Lugs!

Would the serial number range I mentioned reflect the 70s or the 80s?

Also............ the floor tom's got legs that measure approximately 20-21 inches. Is there some way that I could tell whether these are original Ludwigs?

Appreciate your time and your help.

Happy New Year!

Posted on 16 years ago

That number is way above the vintage serial number chart. I would guess they are from the 80's (at least). I have no idea about Ludwig drums past about 1980 or so. Maybe someone else here will have the answers you seek.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here