Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Ludwig Rocker Snare

I just picked up this 6.5x14 Ludwig Rocker snare in a COW finish. The badge says USA. I believe these were maple/poplar shells.

Thanks.

Posted on 1 year ago

I had the same snare with my first real kit. Early 90s vintage, same shell as the Super Classics of the day. Sleeper drum.

Posted on 1 year ago

I had a kit with snare as well. The black and white badges were the USA 1980s version if I recall correctly. The 1990's overseas-made Rockers have the cartioonish Ludwig badge and weren't as well made. Something like that?

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 1 year ago

I have one as well. I stripped the wrap off as it was pretty much trashed. Great sounding snare drum. Not as loud as my other vintage Ludwig or Slingerland wood drums. But I like it for that very reason.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 1 year ago

I have one just like that and several of the 5" version. The early ones came with B/O badges and Bowtie Lugs. Rewrapped in a sparkle or oyster wrap they make a great inexpensive alternative to having a matching Jazz Festival. I've bought that version for as little as $25 and turned them into nice matching snares.

Here's a couple of examples

2 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here