Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Ludwig Rocker II's

Here are is a set of US made Rocker II's that I bought about 10 years ago. The wrap was offered by Precision, and I think is was called "Blue Metal". This was, by far, the hardest material I have ever worked with. It did not want to cut well, and is not my finest work, but it's cool looking when finished.

The original white wrap was cracked and pretty yellowed when I bought them. I started on them right after I bought them, but for some reason never finished them until a couple of years ago. I replaced the metal bass hopes with maple hoops.

The picture was taken when we were living in Everett, WA. Pretty decent sounding kit, the snare is really nice.

Thanks,

Steve

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

They look great, I really like the color.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 6 years ago

Nice. Blue sparkle wraps are near and dear to my heart.... my second kit was a blue sparkle slingerland kit....

Posted on 6 years ago

From drpepper

Nice. Blue sparkle wraps are near and dear to my heart.... my second kit was a blue sparkle slingerland kit....

But it's not a sparkle!

I'll post a close up picture when I get home. It's a rally cool looking finish, but was a pain to install.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted on 6 years ago

From drpepper

drpepper! The OP mentions that this wrap was a "metal" finish, not a sparkle. I don't recall Precision offering something like this, but Jammin' Sam did, and it was called Blue Metal. I have a small sample and is very stiff and most likely difficult to deal with, like the OP says!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Here's a pic of one of the toms & the floor tom. Sorry, it's a bit blurry, but they are in cases at the moment. You can see the finish though.

Thanks,

Steve

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here