Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

ludwig rail consolette questions

hey guys.............i just got some '60's ludwigs; the bass has the rail, but the rest of the consolette mount is missing. there are a few on ebay, complete with rails, for a pretty high price, but i never see just the clamp-on/L arm part. any ideas where to find one? also, i think there are at least two kinds--one with a round disk full of holes, and one "toothed" one--is one better? i'm not restoring these--just want to play a vintage kit. thanks for any help.......marko52

Posted on 17 years ago

I only see the complete railmounts for the most part. I looked at the RCIStarlite website because they USED to sell an exact copy of the old Ludwig "Sun Ray" (toothed) railmount. This was the later version used in the later 60's and early 70's and was a considerable improvement over the older "phone dial" one (the one with all the holes)...but now it appears that they don't sell it anymore...I couldn't find any reference to it, anyway. They do sell a newer style railmount and it's a totally different thing -wouldn't work on a vintage Ludwig bass drum at all!Mister T

Undoubtedly, someone has one laying around in an old drawer of parts...but, because there are so few potential customers for such obscure parts, they tend to get sold in the form of a complete unit.

Unless you want to try and mount a tom tom to a snare drum stand and go that route, you might have to bite the bullet and buy a complete railmount on Ebay. If you do, at least you'll have some spare parts!Burger Kin You could just get a complete one and then sell YOUR rail section on Ebay and recoup some of your losses that way. Also, IF you do decide to get a railmount, make sure the arm's clamping section is not one that has been over-tightened. I'm talking about the part of the arm that tightens onto the rail bar, itself. Try to find one where the carriage bolt doesn't have any deformation in it.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here