Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ludwig Rail Consolette and Cymbal Holder Layout???

Took Kurts advice and just purchased a rail mount for my 69 bass(26in). Can anyone give me the exact layout placement on the shell for the rail and the cymbal arm mount (assuming there is a standard).

Would really hate to drill wrong holes.

Thanks Guys

Tom

Posted on 18 years ago

I'm posting a few photos of my Kent bass drum.The placement is pretty much the same as on my ludwig bass drum ( a 69' ) The pictures arn't exactly up close but at the very least you'll get the idea of where such items were placed.

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/ARCHSxDOMAIN/MVC-038F.jpg[/IMG]

Again I apologize for the rough image but again this should give a basic area idea of where the rail mount and cymbal holder were placed.And i'll try and get a close up of the holes so you can see that more clearly as well.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks a bunch. Yeah a close up would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Again Thanks

Tom

Posted on 18 years ago

On my 14 X 22, the center of the railmount is 5" away from the batter-side bearing edge and positioned exactly between the top-left lug.

On my 12 X 18, the center of the railmount is 4" away from the batter-side bearing edge and positioned at "noon" in the space between the two top lugs.

I don't know if the positions change again on the 24" and 26" sizes.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks a bunch!!!

Info is appreciated.

Tom

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here