Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Ludwig Pioneer

hi there.

i recently got hold of a 60s ludwig pioneer in pink champagne sparkle (see pic). it looks as if the covering is made from 3 pieces of wrap. was that sort of normal in those days or might it have been recovered? i doesn't look like being recovered because the wrap is worked into the shell.... any ideas?

greetz from germany, michael

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

I don't understand the question. That is definately pink champagne in all it's original glory but I dont see where you mean 3 pieces of wrap? Looks like a very nice drum with excelent chrome.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 16 years ago

ok, sorry, i'll try and specify:

with "three pieces" i basically mean three sheets of wrap. that means there is three places where you see the wrap being glued together (don't know the english technical words).

i have included 3 pictures, don't know if they are of any help. on the pics you can more or less see the places where the wrap is glued. the distance between those "glue-points" is always 2 lugs, so the sheets of wrap are all the same size. one "glue-point" is under the lug next to the muffler, one is on under the lug next to the strainer.

the sheet that is worked into the shell seems to be original, it looks perfect at that point. but don't know about the rest. could the other parts be re-wrapped, or could i as well be original although it's not just one sheet...

3 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here