Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Ludwig P88AC Throw Off

I bought a Ludwig P88AC throw off to use on my 1970 Supraphonic. There are no installation instructions or parts list included and I can't find anything on the web. I think it is missing 2 small rubber washers for the snare butt that comes with it. At least that is what I am concluding from looking at pictures. There is nothing on Ludwig's website either.

I don't think it's a complicated installation, I'm just not sure about needing rubber washers on the inside of the shell for the screws that hold the snare butt on.

If anyone has any experience with this throw off, I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Posted on 5 years ago

I have 2 newer Ludwig snares with the mentioned throw and rubber washers. I don't think the rubber washers are really needed, but I guess they limit imprinting of the (wood) shell from the metal washers and probably keep the screws from backing out due to vibrations. Just a guess though.

Posted on 5 years ago

Thanks for the response. I’m worried about the metal on metal of the metal washer against the inside of the Supraphonic shell.

Posted on 5 years ago

Your 1970 Supra would have been ALL metal on metal.

I like Drums...
1963 Ludwig Downbeat Champagne Sparkle
1964 Leedy (Slingerland) Blue n Silver Duco
1964 Ludwig Club Date Sparkling Silver Pearl
1966 Ludwig Super Classic Sparkling Silver Pearl
1968 Gretsch round badge modern jazz orange stain
1972 Slingerland 85N Pop outfit Light Blue Pearl
1976 Ludwig Vistalite clear
1981 Gretsch SSB Gran Prix Rosewood
1987 Yamaha Turbo Tour Custom Mellow Yellow
1991 Pearl Export Ferrari Red
Posted on 5 years ago

Yes, you’re correct. Since I had to tap the holes to match the snare butt holes on my Supraphonic, the provided screws were too long so I made my own hard rubber washer.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here