Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Ludwig P85 Throw-Off - help needed.

I have a Supra 400 which I have owned since new from 1981. Recently the throw-off has been sticking and requiring me to lift the main body of the unit together with the throw off lever to engage the snare wires.

I have removed the P85 and stripped it down (but can't see anything obviously wrong with it). After lubricating it I intend to refit it. However, when removing it there are two washers together with the two screws which hold the throw-off to the drum shell. I can't remember exactly where they were placed. Looking at photographs am I correct in assuming that these washers fit between the strainer and the drum shell?

Thanks for reading.

Posted on 5 years ago

If you only have two washers, they should go inside the shell and then the retaining nuts which should have a made in lock washer. On some Supras, Ludwig did have washers between the shell and the strainer for clearance reasons. But in that situation you would have a total of four flat washers....two outside and two inside.

Posted on 5 years ago

I have the two lock nuts with serrated edges and two washers which were on the inside of the drum. But I also have two screws and two metal washers which were on the outside fixing the throw-off to the shell. I didn't notice where these washers sat before removing the throw-off. I just want to make sure I get them in the right place when I reassemble.

Posted on 5 years ago

They would go in between the throwoff and the shell then. Have seen many original drums like this.

Posted on 5 years ago

Thanks for that. Just wanted to be sure I put it back together correctly!

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here